UK/Obtaining UK court documents

From 451wiki
< UK
Jump to navigation Jump to search

UK court orders and judgments can be relatively hard to obtain. This page is a note to describe the means to obtain court orders and judgments


Judgments are not always available, as they can be delivered verbally. In these cases, they are recorded and can be transcribed via firms that specialise in this.

Court orders

Use form N244 to request documents. This is meant to be a back up method, but previous attempts to gain court orders by asking the court authorities hit hurdles to do with the interpretation of 'acknowledgementt of service' and whether judgment had been entered. This appears to mean that the relevant judge has signed the orders.

Forms can be found via the Justice website

Older court orders should be available via easier means.